Data Protection Policy
Purpose of This Policy
Collecting Information About You
We collect and use information to provide the following services:
- to gather statistics on the experience of service beneficiaries and volunteers
- to enable volunteers and fundraisers to support this service
- to provide training services
- to undertake advertising, marketing, direct recruitment and public relations exercises
- to provide personnel, payroll and administration services
- to update databases within Look Good Feel Better
- to enhance or improve your experience of our services
- to provide you with online services
Data Protection Principles
We will carry out our responsibilities under GDPR in accordance with the following eight Data
- Obtain and process information fairly
Look Good Feel Better will obtain and process your personal data fairly and in accordance with
statutory and other legal obligations
- Keep it only for one or more specified, explicit and lawful purposes
Look Good Feel Better will keep your personal data for purposes that are specific, lawful and clearly
stated to you. Your personal data will only be processed in a manner compatible with these purposes
and as outlined to you.
- Use and disclose only in ways compatible with these purposes
Look Good Feel Better will only disclosed personal data that is necessary for the purpose/s or compatible with the purpose/s for which Look Good Feel Better Ireland collects and keeps the data as outlined by you.
- Keep it safe and secure – Look Good Feel Better will take appropriate security measures against unauthorised access to, or alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal data and against its accidental loss or destruction.
- Keep it accurate, complete and up-to-date
Look Good Feel Better will adopt procedures that ensure high levels of data accuracy, completeness and that your data is up-to-date
- Ensure it is adequate, relevant and not excessive
Look Good Feel Better will only hold your personal data to the extent that it is adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Retain for no longer than is necessary
Look Good Feel Better have a retention policy for your personal data.
- Give a copy of his/her personal data to that individual, on request
Look Good Feel Better adopts procedures to ensure that data subjects can exercise their rights under the Data Protection legislation to access their data when permitted by law
Overall responsibility for ensuring compliance with GDPR rests with Look Good Feel Better. However our responsibility varies depending upon whether we are acting as either Data Controller or Data Processor. All employees, volunteers and clients of Look Good Feel Better who separately collect, control or process the content and use of personal data are individually responsible for compliance with GDPR.
The Programme Manager in Look Good Feel Better coordinates the provision of support, assistance, advice, and training to ensure that Look Good Feel Better is in a position to comply with the legislation. They will liaise with the Data Protection Commissioner’s Office for guidance on specific cases.