At Look Good Feel Better (LGFB) we are committed to protecting your information and using it responsibly. Please read our policy carefully to understand how we collect, use and store your information.
This policy details why we need the personal information we request when you support us and how we will use it. Developing a better understanding of our supporters through their personal information allows us to make better decisions, communicate more efficiently and ultimately enables us to help more people face cancer with confidence.
The processing of your information is carried out by or on behalf of Look Good Feel Better Ireland, which is a charity registered in Ireland (20081379) and a registered company in Ireland (523636).
Why We Use Your Information
We will only use your information when you have consented to us doing so, where we have a legal basis to do so and will always respect your rights.
What Personal Information We Collect
The personal information we collect about you will depend on how and why you are engaging with us. It could include (but is not limited to):
• Your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, connection to the charity and your contact preferences.
How We Use Your Personal Information
To respond to or fulfil any requests, complaints or queries we receive from you.
If you contact us directly, we will use the information you give to us to handle your enquiry or request. This may include responding to your query or feedback, or sending you relevant information, such as workshop information or fundraising materials. To process any donations you make, maintain a record of your past financial contributions. We keep a record of any donations we receive for audit purposes and for the financial reports that are required for regulatory purposes.
To provide you with information and support for any events, fundraising activities or volunteering opportunities you sign up to
If you have completed a form to register or enquire about an event or activity, or to sign up to volunteer, we will consider this as a request to send you details about the event, activity or volunteering opportunities. Where you provide contact details, we will provide information and support by post, phone, mobile messaging, email, via social media, and any other channels for which you have provided your details. When you have asked for details of an event, we will send you information including, where relevant, ideas for fundraising and reminders on key information about the activity. Where appropriate, we will use the information you provide to identify any help we can offer, specific to the activity you have signed up for and to provide necessary information to event organisers. We may also receive information through event organisers or through third party websites such as JustGiving or Idonate so we know you are fundraising for us.
To manage our recruitment
When applying for a role with LGFB the personal data you provide as part of the recruitment process will only be held and processed for the purpose of the selection processes of LGFB and in connection with any subsequent employment unless otherwise indicated. By submitting your personal information, you are consenting to LGFB holding and using it. You will be asked to provide certain information including your name, contact details, employment history and qualifications. This information is mandatory in order for LGFB to consider your application, communicate with you about your application and where successful, follow up with references or meet our statutory and internal monitoring and reporting responsibilities. We may also view social media profiles of applicants, such as LinkedIn, to the extent that it is relevant to your application. Unsuccessful applicant data will be held confidentially within the recruitment system for a period of two years before it is deleted.
To raise funds and promote the aims and objectives of the charity
Where you have provided an email or postal address and consented to being contacted in this way, we will send you information by those channels of ways to give or raise money for us, to volunteer for us and on our wider work. This may include promoting the work of a partner organisation that we believe will benefit us and our charitable cause.
To manage your contact preferences
To make sure we speak to you in way that is relevant to you, and to understand our supporters more broadly
We try to ensure that our communications are as effective as possible so that we make the best use of our resources. This means communicating with people in different ways, appropriate to them. We sometimes use information you have given us directly, for example, events you have previously participated in or where you live to tailor our communications with you about future activities. We will also use information about how you use our website or interact with our emails so we can make them more effective.
For our internal purposes such as management research, analytics, organisational reporting and ways that will improve efficiencies
We often ask our beneficiaries, volunteers or supporters for their feedback through online and offline questionnaires and feedback forms, this information is only used internally to help us improve the running of our services.
Use any images, videos of, or other information you provide us regarding LGFB
If you share information about fundraising or campaigning activities you have done for us, or your personal experiences, by post, email or over social media, we may want to use this to help us promote our events and activities in the future. We will ask for permission prior to using this information.
Keeping your details up to date
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) you have the following rights:
- Information Right – the right to receive the information contained in this policy and our data collection forms about the way we process your personal data.
- Personal Data Access Right – the right to know that we are processing your personal data and, in most circumstances, to have a copy of the personal data of yours that we hold. You can also ask for certain details such as why we process your data for and how long we hold it.
- Personal Data Correction Right – You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate data or complete incomplete data that we hold on you.
- Personal Data Erasure Right – Known as the Right to be forgotten. In certain circumstances you may request that we erase your personal data held by us.
- Personal Data Restriction Right – You have the right to restrict the way we process your personal data in certain circumstances, for example if: you contest the accuracy of the data, if our processing is unlawful, to pursue legal claims, where we are relying on legitimate interests to process data.
- Data Processing Objection Right – You have the right to object to us processing your data for (i) direct marketing purposes (ii) scientific or historical research or statistical purposes and (iii) purposes of profiling related to direct marketing or based on our legitimate interests or on the performance of a task in the public interest
- Data Portability Right – you have the right to receive a copy of certain personal data or to have it transferred to another organisation in some circumstances
Right to Withdraw Consent at Any Time
How We Protect Your Personal Data
We may update this policy to reflect changes in how we use your information. You may wish to check this policy each time you provide LGFB with your information. Where appropriate, we will provide you with notice of any significant changes to how we use your information.